ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Invoice Number Printing Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invoice Number Printing Suggestion
    Posted: 03-January-2013 at 5:58pm

Suggestion for Early Impact,

After we get a sale we print two copies of the invoice.  The first one goes in the
box with the order that is shipped to the customer and the second copy of the invoice
gets the shipping related paperwork stapled to it and then filed.

What happens is that the shipping paperwork then covers the invoice number
that is printed on the invoice. To compensate, we hand write the invoice number
above the big word invoice on the right hand side of the page, (above the "order date" box).

Would it be possible the next time you make a update to also print the invoice number
below the big work "invoice."  If the number was printed with the small text used for the
date in the order date box, but centered under the "VOI" in invoice it would be very helpful
when we are doing the paperwork.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2013 at 6:04pm
Hi Dave,  That sounds like a modification that is specific to your companies particular way of working. Making a custom modification to the form would be the best route and should be very straight forward as the detail is already being printed, so the data is already available. 
Dayv3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2013 at 6:43pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2013 at 8:01pm
Hi Davey,

Hamish is right this is fairly easy.
I happened to have done some work in this file not too long ago and thought I could rather quickly help you out since it was still in my head.

I have an easy solution for you if you want to give it a try yourself.
You need to open up the pcadmin\OrdInvoice.asp page.
Make a back up of this file just in case!

In there look for the following line of code around line 194

<font style="font-size:24px;font-weight:bold;"><% If intPackingSlip <> "1" Then %>INVOICE<% Else %>PACKING SLIP<% End If %></font><br><br>

you need to replace that line with the following

<table>
<tr>
<td width="43%" height="24" align="center">
<font style="font-size:24px;font-weight:bold;"><% If intPackingSlip <> "1" Then %>INVOICE<BR /><% Else %>PACKING SLIP<% End If %></font>
</td>
</tr>
<tr><td valign="top" align="center"><%=strInvoiceNum%></td></tr>
</table>                

Then below around line 279 look for the following piece of code

<% dim strInvoiceNum, strAlterInvoiceNum
                        strAlterInvoiceNum=request.Form("AlterInvoiceNum")
                        if strAlterInvoiceNum="" then
                            strInvoiceNum=(scpre+int(qry_ID))
                        else
                            strInvoiceNum=strAlterInvoiceNum
                        end if %>

Copy (ctrl+c) and CUT (ctrl+x) out that piece of code and bring it up to the top of the page and place it right above the code you just added. It should now look like this.

<% dim strInvoiceNum, strAlterInvoiceNum
            strAlterInvoiceNum=request.Form("AlterInvoiceNum")
            if strAlterInvoiceNum="" then
                strInvoiceNum=(scpre+int(qry_ID))
            else
                strInvoiceNum=strAlterInvoiceNum
            end if %>
                        <table>
                        <tr>
                        <td width="43%" height="24" align="center">
                        <font style="font-size:24px;font-weight:bold;"><% If intPackingSlip <> "1" Then %>INVOICE<BR /><% Else %>PACKING SLIP<% End If %></font>
                        </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr><td valign="top" align="center"><%=strInvoiceNum%></td></tr>
                        </table>                

Save the file and run it. You should now see the invoice number that you were asking for.

If you need any help on this please go ahead and contact me at support at wmsmerchantservices

Dayv3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2013 at 8:16pm
Kelly,

Thank you for suppling the code to print the invoice number on the right hand side of
the page.

I have not played with the code yet, but your code will help me, and others that may have
the need for the same convenience, eliminate an extra step when we process our paperwork.

Thanks,
Dave
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2013 at 11:54pm
Dave,
I just noticed I was a bit dyslexic on your name there and called you Davey. oops sorry :)

No problem on the bit of code there. Let me know if you have any trouble with it, I'll be glad to help you sort it out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic