ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Print function gives db error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntnana21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Print function gives db error
    Posted: 12-December-2016 at 3:30pm
I just migrated my ecommerce site hosting from hostgator to godaddy for a slew of reasons way too long to list. Everything is working just as it should except for the print function. We have credit apps in our cart. I can view, change status, edit, etc. Only when I click 'print' I get thrown to a new screen that says "You are receiving this message because the system is not able to connect to the database". The print file is in the same folder as the manage, edit files that are not giving the error so I have no idea what to look for on this.

I am fairly new to this product cart as I've only been with this company for a short while and didn't create it. If I need to provide any more information I apologize as I just don't know enough to know what I don't know. 

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2016 at 5:49pm
Hi Auntnana21,

The best approach is to submit a regular support ticket under the customer account registered in our store:

.... and scroll down to the bottom of your account home page, select your license key from the dropdown field and click "Go" to reach the support form. The form will ask you for all the details that we need to investigate and troubleshoot the problem, and will make sure they get to us securely.

This requires enrollment in the following Support & Updates Plan:

In the meantime, you should be able to get a more meaningful error message (other than the generic and misleading DB connection error), by applying the technique described here:

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Auntnana21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntnana21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2016 at 8:43am
So not quite sure why but I tried the raw error technique and it made it work! I added the "IF myVariable="1" THEN ' This is a comment to explain what the code does." line to my includes/opendb.asp and it made the print function work???

No idea why but hey, it's fixed! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic