ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASP functions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toyjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASP functions?
    Posted: 27-January-2007 at 6:21pm
Is there a list of standard asp functions you can call on different areas of your web page?  I know the manual lists some important ones for example, to draw the categories.  I'm just looking for a complete list.

I haven't bought the software yet, but it looks really impressive (especially V3!).
NWilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 9:54pm
Well, if you're wanting 'standard asp functions'.. I'd refer you to this...

http://www.w3schools.com/vbscript/vbscript_ref_functions.asp

However, I don't think you're in the right line of thinking for this shopping cart... I mean, yea it has a few functions you can call to do what you want but it's not like it's an SDK (software development kit) for creating a shopping cart... the code that's already written is only there because the stock functionality requires it.  If you're wanting to alter it much beyond the scope of what's shown on their demo shops, you're going to need to learn asp or higher a developer to do it.
toyjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toyjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 11:11pm
Sorry, I should have rephrased "standard" to "ProductCart" ASP functions (code snippets) which draw various parts of the pages, such as "Bestsellers", "New Items", etc.  We're in the process of securing hosting and have not actually installed the software yet but we wanted to get a start on the design.
NWilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 11:46pm
Well, the answer is still no - there is no itemized list of 'snippets' that I know of.  If you have the software already, but not installed, try browsing around in the source code to answer your questions.

Edited by NWilliams - 28-January-2007 at 11:47pm
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2007 at 12:55am

The "includes" folder contains a series of files that store functions used throughout the application. For example:

currenctyformatinc.asp
dateinc.asp
pcCategoriesList.asp
stringfunctions.asp
validation.asp

There are others. Over time we are consolidating functions into fewer files, which are then included in all applicable files. ProductCart contains hundreds of thousands of lines of code and several hundred ASP files. So this is not a process that can be accomplished overnight. In addition, structurally modifying existing files always opens up the door to the potential of introducing bugs, which is something that we do our best at trying to avoid at all times.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic