ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why does <%=pDetails%> not work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardmills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does <%=pDetails%> not work?
    Posted: 08-February-2007 at 4:24pm
Ok, I'm getting frustrated now. I am 90% sure that the code for the Long Product Description. I tracked it down through the ViewPrdCode.asp file.

But when I enter the following code into pcShowProductM.asp nothing shows up:

<td valign="middle">

<div class="pcShowProductSDesc">
                <%=pDetails%>
            </div>

</td>

If I change pDetails to psDesc I get the short description. If I change it to pSku I get the SKU.

What am I missing? What is different about pDetails that is causing it to not show up.

I would love some help here folks!!!

Thanks
ed
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2007 at 4:33pm

That's because that file is "included" in other files. Those other files do not load the long product description. For example, if you look at viewcategories.asp, that page does not load the long product description from the database, since it is not needed on the page.

So to do what you are describing, you need to edit the "parent" file (e.g. viewcategories.asp) and change both the SQL query and the area of the code where you assign that item in the recordset to a variable.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
edwardmills View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardmills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2007 at 5:43pm
Well, since that is WAY over my head, I had to come up with an alternative. So if you're interested, this is what I did.

In ViewPrdCode.asp I edited the routine on lines 557 -572 so that it won't show the "More Details" text as follows. (In retrospect it might have been simpler to go into the languages include file and replace More Details with a blank space. I'm not sure, but I think that would have accomplished the same thing).

Public Sub pcs_ProductDescription
'           if psDesc <> "" then
'                          response.write "<div class='pcShowProductSDesc' style='padding-top: 5px'>"
'                          response.Write psDesc & " <a href='#details'>" & dictLanguage.Item(Session("language")&"_viewPrd_2 1") & "</a>"
'                          response.write "</div>"
'           else
                          response.write "<div class='pcShowProductSDesc' style='padding-top: 5px'>"
                          response.Write pDetails
                          response.write "</div>"
'           end if
End Sub

Then, in  ViewPrdL.asp I commented out the section that shows the product details down at the bottom of the page: 

Lines 506-518 comment out display product details routine.

' 12) LONG DESCRIPTION
'*********************************************************** ******************************************
'Begin FFC Customization - Comment out this routine to NOT show product details
    '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ' START:  Display long product description if there is a short description
    '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    'pcs_LongProductDescription [Note the apostrophe at start of line]
    ' END:  Display long product description if there is a short description

'*********************************************************** ******************************************
' END LONG DESCRIPTION

It seems to all be working. You can check it out here:

http://www.funnyfotocards.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories. asp?idCategory=26

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic