ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGenerating static HTM pages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-July-2007 at 10:32am

I am setting up the static pages for http://www.chumbadeals.com everything works fine for categories when I click on a product it errors out. I checked up the error code in the admin area and this is what I am getting

Customer Reference Number: 520140283-10714 
Date/Time: 7/5/2007 
Session ID: 520140283 
Error Number: -2147217900 
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server 
Description: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '='.
query=SELECT pcRE_IDProduct FROM pcRevExc WHERE pcRE_IDProduct=

Request Method: GET 
Server Port: 80 
HTTPS: off 
Local Address: 10.0.0.6 
Host Address: 67.82.118.227 
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) 
URL: /productcart/pc/404.asp 
HTTP Headers: www.chumbadeals.com, en-us

has anyone encountered this problem? I searched all the documents for the query

SELECT pcRE_IDProduct FROM pcRevExc WHERE pcRE_IDProduct=
and cannot find it anywhere.

Edited by mimpoz - 16-July-2007 at 12:21pm
jlivingston View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2007 at 3:27pm
I'm having issues doing this (spent many hours trying to figure it out) and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight to a few questions I have.

From the changes I made the .htm links show, but when selecting the link all I get is a blank page.

I ran the test at http://gsitecrawler.com/tools/server-status.aspx and I'm getting a 404 for pages that don't exist (good), and I'm getting an error code 200 for ProductCart htm pages (also good). Just can't see anyting when going to a .htm page. Source code is blank as well.

Before making any of these changes I moved the home page to the root following the instruction provided if that helps. Due to this I have 404.asp and 404b.asp in the root and have IIS configured for the 404 like "/404.asp" (using URL type).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by jlivingston - 13-July-2007 at 9:55pm
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2007 at 3:27pm

The problem mentioned above that relates to the Product Reviews feature had been fixed, but apparently the updated files were not posted here. They have been posted now. We apologize for the inconvenience. To download, you will find the link at the beginning of this thread:

http://www.earlyimpact.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69& PN=1

Edited by earlyimp - 30-August-2007 at 3:28pm
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2007 at 3:46pm

Uploaded files compatible with ProductCart v3.1

ProductCart v3.1: 2007-09-09_154357_pcSEO_v3.1_090907.zip (09.09.07)

The ProductCart Team

Jackalope View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2007 at 5:48pm

I followed the instructions and went through the process more than twice just to make sure I hadn't missed a step. When I check http://gsitecrawler.com/tools/server-status.aspx for a page that should be there like home.asp, I get a "Result code: 200 (OK / OK)", and when I check for a page that should not be there, I get a "Result code: 404 (NotFound / Not Found)". I think this is how it should be. And when I navigate to viewCategories.asp, I can see the different categories with the new .htm links. However, when I click on any category I get an "HTTP 4004 Not Found" error. And when checking one of my product links using the static .htm address, I get "Result code: 404 (NotFound / Not Found)". I even tried generating a Store Map to see what happened. The file generated fine and the links all point to the static .htm pages, but clicking on each link gives the "HTTP 4004 Not Found" error.

Just checking from within the PC control panel, if I locate a product and go to preview it, it has the original "viewPrd.asp?idproduct=..." address. Is this correct or should it have the .htm address?

I'm baffled and don't know what to do? Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by Jackalope - 10-October-2007 at 6:17pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2007 at 6:00pm

Uploaded files compatible with version 3.11:

ProductCart v3.1: 2007-11-17_175837_pcSEP_v3.11_111607.zip (11.16.07)

The ProductCart Team

loracady View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2007 at 3:48pm

I have tried all day to get this redirect to work.  I have followed the directions exactly three times to make sure that I got it right.  I am having the same problem as jackalope in that he (or she) keeps getting the 404 error.  To quote:   "I can see the different categories with the new .htm links. However, when I click on any category I get an "HTTP 404 Not Found" error. And when checking one of my product links using the static .htm address, I get "Result code: 404 (NotFound / Not Found)"."  

I am running version 3.11a and I used the corresponding files from early impact.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

andi.magill View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2008 at 4:18am
Hi

Having exactly the same problem - Seems to be quite a problem for a lot of people - yet seems to work fine for others - must be summit or nowt? Please advise if u have had the same problem & managed to find a solution.

kind regards
Andi Magill
Dijitalhub
Just doin the do!
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2008 at 4:56am
Make sure that you have edited the 404 error handler on the server. The 404 error type must be a URL and the URL location of the 404.asp file in the "pc" subfolder of your store.

If you are not given a choice between a "File" and "URL" as the 404 error type, then simply set it to point to 404.asp.

Different hosting companies allow you to perform this task in a different way. For example, here is how this is setup on one of our test stores (this is hosted at GoDaddy).

The ProductCart Team

loracady View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2008 at 10:57am

Hi Andi-

My problem was just what early impact described.  I had the wrong URL in the error handler on the server.  When I fixed that, it worked just fine.  Following is the URL that worked for me /store/pc/404.asp. 

Good luck!

Lora

www.TheSleepShop.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic