ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing Productcart/pc folder names

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing Productcart/pc folder names
    Posted: 18-November-2008 at 7:12pm
I was thinking of updating our productcart/pc folder names  with a more keyword rich url... however we have a lot of these pages already indexed and ranked in search engines... is there anyway to make the change and make sure the old url's are 301'd to the new location? Can this be done with the Custom 404 Handler?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2008 at 7:19pm
If you have access to ISAPI Rewrite from www.helicontech.com, that would be one approach to address such a requirement. 
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2008 at 11:24am
We do use isapi rewrite... I figured that would be the way to do it. I guess when its time i will go on their boards and ask them to help me set it up.
mrindian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2008 at 2:46am
I recently changed my folder to a strong key-word. I was worried about the dead links.
But I went for it. It took about 2 weeks for the dead links to go away. Some still come up in search results, but with the custom 404 handler, they now get a page that you can tell them to re enter the search query on your site.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic