ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V4 & Setting Goals in Google Analytics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V4 & Setting Goals in Google Analytics
    Posted: 23-November-2009 at 3:52pm
I'm wondering... will we need to change the goal path in google analytics for V4? I didnt see any updates on the wiki.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2009 at 4:10pm
The answer is "yes" and "no":

- The Goal URL (required setting) remains the same (URL ending with "ordercomplete.asp"). So Google Analytics will continue to correctly report how many goals (completed orders) were achieved.

- The Goal Funnel (which is an optional setting) - if used - will need to be updated as some of the checkout pages used in v3 are no longer being used in v4. So, thanks for the reminder on this, we will update the documentation shortly to edit the instructions that pertain to the Goal Funnel.

Edited by earlyimp - 23-November-2009 at 4:11pm
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2010 at 11:29pm
FYI with regard to Google Analytics: we've updated the integration with Google Analytics (including e-commerce transactions and the ability to post refunds/cancellations) so that it supports the "new" tracking code (ga.js).

It's not that new, actually, but for one reason or another we had not updated our code yet. Now we have

http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/integrations/googleanalytics/googleanalytics
The ProductCart Team

whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2010 at 2:21pm
There is a file upd_footer.asp Does this file need to include the tracking code?
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2010 at 2:24pm
If you are using ProductCart v4, the recommended place for the tracking code is pc/inc_footer.asp. Please see the documentation for detailed instructions.
The ProductCart Team

whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2010 at 2:49pm
I was trying out a Goal Funnel for v4 since it wasnt release yet... here is what i had used. Let me know if this would work or if i should just keep it the way it is on the wiki.

/pc/viewcart.asp                    View Cart
/pc/onepagecheckout.asp#opcLoginAnchor          Login/Checkout
/pc/onepagecheckout.asp#opcShippingAnchor     Choose Shipping
/pc/onepagecheckout.asp#opcPaymentAnchor     Gift Wrap/Coupon Code
/pc/gwAuthorizeAIM.asp                    Credit Card Payment Page
/pc/ordercomplete.asp                    Order Placed
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2010 at 12:58pm
Anyone?
benpate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benpate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2010 at 6:53pm
No, you have to put an onclick event on the continue buttons to get that to work like this.
ProductCart SEO - Resellers and Affiliates welcome
alexL-icc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexL-icc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2011 at 7:26pm
After I implemented the Goal and Funnel as described in the ProductCart wiki page about shopping cart abandonment, Google Analytics is still not tracking those things for me (i.e. I see only zeros under the Goals reports). Any advice?
Alex L.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic