ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Import all BTO settings from Excell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Import all BTO settings from Excell
    Posted: 12-February-2006 at 5:41pm

Can some one please help?  I am trying to set up a BTO store but I want to configue all settings in Excel then import it into Product Cart.

I can import the BTO products and BTO items but cannot see how to Configure Build to Order Products or Services from the Excel file.

Does any body know if it can be done this way or must it be done from the control panel by configuring the BTO product then applying it other products.

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2006 at 6:12pm
You can import the BTO product itself, but assigning the categories and items must be done thru the Control Panel.  If many of your BTO products are similar, you can use the 'Cloning' feature to easily create additional BTO products.  For more information about this, please refer to Chapter 14 of the User Guide.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2006 at 8:49pm

Thankyou for your quick response. Is there a quick way to apply the setting other than to clone as I have well over 1000 BTO products that I can Import that require "Configure Build to Order Products or Services" applied to each.

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2006 at 6:17pm
Unfortunately not... you would have to use the cloning feature.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic