ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working - Multiple BTO Pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working - Multiple BTO Pages
    Posted: 05-April-2008 at 1:49am

Hi everyone,

I wanted to gauge interest on a couple of BTO additions we've been working on in-house.

The first is the ability to create a page 2, page 3, etc for BTO configurations and allow customizations to each additional page (such as having a drastically different layout for a certain product or having a different page 2, 3, etc) for each item.  None of these changes are currently in use on our site, but for example, a certain product can now have a completely black layout with no menus and three configuration pages. 

It would allow a PC sales site (or any BTO site with a large number of customization options) to create additional pages on a BTO configuration (Page 1 core components, Page 2 accessories, etc etc).

The main caveat is that it requires a bit of comfort with adding tables to your database, but I'd be happy to share some of my notes if there's a desire for this.

Be forwarned though - I probably won't have the time to provide *any* assistance beyond what I can type here and often things get too busy to even respond to private messages and emails, I just thought this would be a nifty little change to beef up PC's configuration pages and also as a sort of 'proof of concept'.

http://www.hipepc.com/gallery/multBTO.jpg

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic