ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hide BTO item prices?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2008 at 8:31pm
Kyle,
   I've taken a look at the version of configurePrdCode I have - which is V3.11.
To hide the lines on BTO items that are selectable via TICK BOXES search for 14%.
You should find the following lines :-

<td width="14%">
  <div align="right">
  <% if pnoprices<2 then%><%=scCurSign & money(prdPrice)%><%end if%>
  </div>

The text I have highlighted in blue is the code that displays the price next to tick boxes. Change it to something like :-

<td width="14%">
  <div align="right">
  <% if pnoprices<2 then%><% ' [RVCW - Comment out option prices] =scCurSign & money(prdPrice)%><%end if%>
  </div>

The KEY thing is the ' which comments out the code - the rest of the text is to assist in finding changes that ay need to be RE-APPLIED whenever you upgrade the code. See http://www.earlyimpact.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1460&am p;PN=3
for thoughts on keeping track of changes.

Then search for the NEXT 14% where you will find almost identical code - repeat the change there as well.

Apologies if I'm "teaching grandma to suck eggs" here - I've no idea what your skill / experience levels are & anyway, others may find it useful.

I only looked at the tick boxes as per your example page - I also strongly suggest checking all the other pages where the option prices may be revealed - Recalled quote/estimate - emails that are sent etc.

HTH

bigrasta4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrasta4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2008 at 7:51am
seems to work fine...thanks for everything
K.K.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2008 at 7:57am
Happy to help - The tweak I gave doesn't impact any prices shown in a drop-down selection box, or radio buttons AFAIK, but If your not using them it's not an issue.

Don't forget to work through the full  "customer experience" - checking other places the option prices may be given such as emails, saved quotes, checkout process etc.
bigrasta4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrasta4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2008 at 8:26am

Yeah i understand, and i'm not overly concerned with the prices being shown in emails or saved quotes etc....once they have requested for the quote they can see the price wherever..

thanks again

K.K.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic