ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need Freelance Coder: Custom Product List  Page
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Freelance Coder: Custom Product List Page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aasllc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Freelance Coder: Custom Product List Page
    Posted: 19-June-2008 at 12:24pm

I need to query the developers on this forum regarding a single custom page we would like to have developed.

This page is intended to be used for our Phone Sales Reps to place orders on behalf of the customer. The goal is to provide a complete list of our products with quantity fields to aid the speed of taking orders over the phone, rather than searching through the store to find the appropriate products.

In admin, once a customer is created or found, after the link to “Place An Order” on behalf of the customer is clicked and the user (rep) is taken into the store front end logged in as the customer, I would like to give our phone reps the ability to browse to this hidden / protected page.

The custom page should have the following qualities/elements top to bottom:

• Functionality to track the phone rep’s affiliate code. We are using the over simplified affiliate system in Product Cart to tag orders for our phone reps. For instance, if the link to this proposed page is, http://www.oursite.com/store/pc/customProduct List.php?idaffiliate=3, the affiliate’s code would translate into the order.
  • Complete vertical list of rows, A-Z of all products in the store. This needs to include even products without an assigned category. Each row would have the following items in regards to the product; Product Name, Product SKU, Retail Price, Quantity Form Field.

Example:
Product A       SKU: XX1       Retal Price: $X.XX       Quantity: [  ]
Product B       SKU: XX2       Retal Price: $X.XX       Quantity: [  ]
Product C       SKU: XX3       Retal Price: $X.XX       Quantity: [  ]

• If it’s possible to carry this value through the cart, I would also like to include the Order Name variable field after the list.
  • The last item on the page would be the Add To Cart button which would add all the products specified in quantities of 1 or more to the Cart.

The rest of the checkout process would remain as is.

We’re switching from a very customized solution in OSCommerce to Product Cart, which comes standard with many more functions that we need to operate our business.

I’m familiar enough with asp to know that this task isn’t terribly complicated at it’s root as all or most of the elements exist in Product Cart in one form or another. But I also know that I don’t know enough about asp and the way Product Cart works to make it happen myself.

Please hit me up and let me know if you would like to quote this project or maybe even refer to another developer.

Edited by aasllc - 19-June-2008 at 12:47pm
tekcetera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tekcetera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2008 at 6:11pm
I think we can help. What's your email address - lets take this offline.
aasllc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aasllc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2008 at 8:00pm
Anybody else have any ideas?
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2008 at 8:03pm
Hi
I am looking for something similar.  Did you ever find a programmer?
Curt
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2008 at 9:24am
I think that most stores with lots of products could use this feature, I know I would.  It would save us lots of time.  Anyone ever work this code up?
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2008 at 9:46am
Heh heh - guess who is working on a solution.
Stuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2008 at 10:23am
How many guesses do we get Greg? Wink

I am quite interested in this modification as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic