ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Search page V3.12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search page V3.12
    Posted: 09-July-2008 at 8:08pm
I need to customize the search page so that it only returns products from a certain tier 1 category - 74. I've done queries based on concatating strings before but never on this scale.

If I make no changes and search for sku like '%FE%'" resulting strSql looks like this (I have no idea where the "like '%d%' is being generated or why but results seem to accurate)
"
SELECT TOP 200 COUNT(categories.idcategory) AS ProductCount, categories.idcategory, categories.categoryDesc FROM (categories_products INNER JOIN categories ON categories_products.idcategory=categories.idcategory) LEFT OUTER JOIN products as A ON A.idProduct=categories_products.idProduct WHERE ((A.serviceSpec<>0 AND A.pcProd_BTODefaultPrice>=0 And A.pcProd_BTODefaultPrice<=999999999) OR (A.serviceSpec=0 AND A.price>=0 And A.price<=999999999)) AND ((content1 LIKE '%d%' OR content2 LIKE '%d%' OR content3 LIKE '%d%') OR (A.details LIKE '%d%' OR A.description LIKE '%d%' OR A.sDesc LIKE '%d%')) AND A.removed=0 AND A.sku like '%fe%' AND categories.idCategory=categories_products.idCategory AND categories.iBTOhide=0 AND categories.pccats_RetailHide=0 AND A.active=-1
"

if I put that into Sql Express's Query Designer it then looks like this
"
SELECT     TOP (200) COUNT(categories.idCategory) AS ProductCount, categories.idCategory, categories.categoryDesc
FROM        categories_products INNER JOIN
                      categories ON categories_products.idCategory = categories.idCategory AND categories_products.idCategory = categories.idCategory LEFT OUTER JOIN
                      products AS A ON A.idProduct = categories_products.idProduct
WHERE     (A.serviceSpec <> 0 AND A.pcProd_BTODefaultPrice >= 0 AND A.pcProd_BTODefaultPrice <= 999999999 OR
                      A.serviceSpec = 0 AND A.price >= 0 AND A.price <= 999999999) AND (A.content1 LIKE '%d%' OR
                      A.content2 LIKE '%d%' OR
                      A.content3 LIKE '%d%' OR
                      A.details LIKE '%d%' OR
                      A.description LIKE '%d%' OR
                      A.sDesc LIKE '%d%') AND (A.removed = 0) AND (A.sku LIKE '%fe%') AND (categories.iBTOhide = 0) AND (categories.pccats_RetailHide = 0) AND
                      (A.active = - 1)
"
If I then add the link to check for the tier one idParentCategory=74 it looks like this
"
SELECT     TOP (200) COUNT(categories.idCategory) AS ProductCount, categories.idCategory, categories.categoryDesc
FROM        categories_products INNER JOIN
                      categories ON categories_products.idCategory = categories.idCategory AND categories_products.idCategory = categories.idCategory INNER JOIN
                      categories AS categories_1 ON categories.idParentCategory = categories_1.idCategory LEFT OUTER JOIN
                      products AS A ON A.idProduct = categories_products.idProduct
WHERE     (A.serviceSpec <> 0 AND A.pcProd_BTODefaultPrice >= 0 AND A.pcProd_BTODefaultPrice <= 999999999 OR
                      A.serviceSpec = 0 AND A.price >= 0 AND A.price <= 999999999) AND (A.content1 LIKE '%d%' OR
                      A.content2 LIKE '%d%' OR
                      A.content3 LIKE '%d%' OR
                      A.details LIKE '%d%' OR
                      A.description LIKE '%d%' OR
                      A.sDesc LIKE '%d%') AND (A.removed = 0) AND (A.sku LIKE '%fe%') AND (categories.iBTOhide = 0) AND (categories.pccats_RetailHide = 0) AND
                      (A.active = - 1) AND (categories_1.idParentCategory = 74)
"

Has anyone successfully modified the search page to do something like this or have an idea on which area I should be looking at to inject the "INNER JOIN categories AS categories_1 ON categories.idParentCategory = categories_1.idCategory" or "From categories as categories_1 where categories.idParentCategory = categories_1.idCategory"? I think I know where to put "categories_1.idParentCategory = 74" but first categories_1 needs to be defined.

I also know this won't work if there's a category, not product search, but that's a problem for another day.

Christie Mason

cmason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2008 at 8:27pm
Gave up on changing the code, solution that we implemented was to make other tier 1 categories wholesale categories so that they're not viewed if the customer is retail/public and, so far, all customers are retail/public.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic