ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

adding an apparel product to a BTO catagory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logoworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: adding an apparel product to a BTO catagory
    Posted: 06-December-2008 at 1:04am
i am attempting to create a bto product (100% cotton tee) with a category "color and size" the product in this category is an apparel product. when i view the product in the store there is no problem, but when i click on the "select options" in the BTO product page the page loads but there is nothing there. am i missing something? it worked earlier today, but somewhere i must have done something to screw it up.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2008 at 4:25am
Hi Logoworks,
      Do I take it that you have the apparel add-on installed? Apparel products are distinct and separate from BTO products and should be setup within the apparel pages.

logoworks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logoworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2008 at 8:53am
yes, we do have the apparel add-on installed. we actually set the product up initally as an apparel item but we had too many colors, sizes, print locations, etc. and we ended up with a huge mess. way to many products generated. so we went with the BTO option, including the colors as an apparel selection. so we could keep the ability to click the color blocks and change the colors (only now in a pop up window) only problem is that now i cannot see the product in the pop up window. i created a second product and cloned this feature, i was able to view the product in the pop up, but not all the colors were loaded. i am confused.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2008 at 2:53pm
Hi Logoworks,
  Can you provide a link to the product in question. I'll take a look. I suspect you may end up needing to submit a support request, but lets start first with a link.  
logoworks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logoworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2008 at 4:07pm
here is the link to the product

http://www.bsatshirts.com/store/pc/home.asp

the 100% Cotton item is the item that when you click on the color option nothing is visable,

i then cloned the product and named it 5050 shirt. this is the product that loads most of our color choices, but there are some missing.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2008 at 5:53pm
Hi,
  I'm seeing a blank page when I try and display the color / size options - when I looked at "view source" there is an error shown near the bottom of the text. You will definitely need  to raise a support ticket for this issue so that we can take a proper look.

On a separate note I suggest viewing your site in Firefox as well as IE - it has a couple of minor layout issues in IE but is pretty badly broken in F'fox.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic