ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Conflict Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

conflict management modification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: conflict management modification
    Posted: 08-December-2008 at 3:19pm

We have a printing company that we are setting up with Product Cart.  We have the “Conflict Management” add-on and want to modify it.  As it is, you can select one category or one product at a time and add the “must” and/or “cannot” select  options to that category or product.  I would like to add a feature that allows me to add these rules to more than one category or product at a time.  For example if the customer selects product “a” and product “b” then they cannot select product “c”.  I am wondering if there has been an add-on created to do this feature or someone who would want to create it.

GCC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2010 at 12:41pm
Hi Cindy, you posted this 1.5yrs ago and there have been no replies? Not good! We're in the computer business and the conflict management (at least in PC 3.51) is so lame as to be totally useless. I would have thought that EI would have improved that "feature" in this length of time.
Regards,
Greg@ccsi.us
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2010 at 12:52pm
Conflict Management is a great tool and there is nothing that compares to it in its price range. Quite frankly, calling it "lame" and "useless" is certainly not going to score you a lot of points within our development team.

New features are added based on (a) how difficult/easy they are to implement, and (b) customer demand. A difficult feature that is not being requested by many customers may not be implemented. And that appears to have been the case here.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
GCC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2010 at 1:22pm
No offense intended, however, the poor girl's post went unanswered for a year and a half as far as I could see. I saw three other computer vendors posting about the need for improvements to conflict management. I concurred with their posts and added my $.02. I did not say that conflict management was useless, just that it is too lame to be useful for our computer store, but I am glad that you do at least read the posts promptly.

Now, if I could post a wish list, I would wish for multidimensional configuration as I originally posted about and a conflict management module with enough flexibility to be useful in configuring a computer system. For example, the computer system might be configurable with a single CPU or two CPUs, but if all memory sockets were to be used, would require that a CPU be installed in both sockets (since the memory controllers reside IN the CPU these days) AND a matched pair of CPUs should be required, plus, the requirements for drive selection for supporting RAID configurations per the OP. For another example, a 1U or 2U computer might require a SPECIFIC riser card for a particular add in card, in PC 3.51, I see no way for conflict management to accommodate this scenario unless you restrict the configuration to a single expansion card (or a series of similar expansion cards) option and a single riser card option--NOT very flexible! Please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding, and I haven't checked conflict management in PC 4.0 yet.

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic