ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian GST and PST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2009 at 9:45pm
Also in a previos message i was told that a wholesale customer is exempt from taxes by default and yet when i look at Joe Blow he is a wholesale customer with PST exemption. That is kinda confusing to me.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2009 at 10:00pm
It depends on how you have setup your tax settings. In this case the system is setup to apply taxes on wholesale customers. It's one of the radio buttons on the tax settings page, as shown at the bottom of the screen shot below.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
windsurfer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2009 at 10:03pm
Oh so true and i have seen that....my apologies .... not if you folks are planning on making any changes but this might be a nice one :)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2009 at 10:05pm
Another thing our protectors told us is that Retail sales tax is PST or provincial sales tax but could also be called Retail sales tax and ocours us canucks have a few other choice words for it hehe
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2009 at 12:35am
Hi Windsurfer,
      When you selected the View/Edit customer exemptions for this tax it dispays the names of people who are currently exempt from the tax, which is why it showed your name instead of Joe Blow At the bottom of that page is an "Add customers" button where you can view a list of customers who do not currently have an exemption and choose to add any that you wish to the exemption list.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2009 at 6:35am
Hi Hamish, yes i see that, thanks for all the help, would be nice to see it integrated into an update :) , I think we have the taxes pretty well solved I'm on to the next project to see how to actually let wholesalers sign up with their PST exemption number and perhaps add a notes field at the bottom of the sign up page for a wholesale request.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2009 at 7:02am
I got that figured out. In Canada a vendor has to display his/her GST registration number on the invoice, i have searched in the help file but i don't see anything on this unless your purchased program has this capability. At least i don't see an option to add a custom field to the invoice.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2009 at 9:37am
Hi Windsurfer,
   Regarding, the displaying of your GST code, that functionality exists for VAT (European sales tax) stores. I'll check whether it's available / easily enabled in other circumstances, but even if that is not possible it's pretty straight forward to hard code that value with a couple of minor edits.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2009 at 11:33am
Several messages regarding "image folders" were posted to this thread, but were "off topic". So they were moved to this new thread.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic