ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need to move dynamic totals to floating window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlaboris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need to move dynamic totals to floating window
    Posted: 27-October-2009 at 2:23pm
Hi all... I'm somewhat of a newbie, although I've been making hard core changes with this for my current project. I need to move the dynamic totals and the "continue" (or "add to cart") button to a css floating window (design provided by designer).
Trouble is, whenever I try to move this (or just insert the TotalWithQD box into my floating window, I get the error : 'document.additem.quantity.value' is null or not an object

If I move it back to the bottom - it works fine...

You can see this here: (Note, you'll have to go through the 3 steps using the continue button before arriving in the cart):

Any help is MUCH appreciated...
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2009 at 2:35pm
Nice looking site.

Without trying to speak for others who may have a different point of view, it's really very difficult to provide support for custom modifications - particularly of this scale - here in the forum.  Without looking at the actual code, this might not be possible to resolve. 

You may need to hook up with a coder who can dig into this and help craft a resolution.
rlaboris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlaboris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2009 at 3:16pm

Yes - I know it's difficult to troubleshoot... The main thing I need is to know how and where those dynamic elements are updated.  I tried modifying the calculate.js file but didn't see any effect???

Thanks...
rlaboris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlaboris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2009 at 9:08am

Never mind... I got it - the problem was I was testing with the calculate.js file (which is where the magic happens), but the include was pointing to a backup copy of the calculate.js file so changes were not showing up...

Thanks anyways...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic