ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I want to disable the guest checkout!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2010 at 6:04pm
Yes, I agree Matt, psychologically this stuff is very important.  I felt that the old location was fine and very easy to follow along the checkout steps.

I also feel that having to enter it twice makes it a chore for them that they try to avoid by not choosing to enter a password.  I purchase online myself quite a bit and to have to enter any information redundantly slows me down and will deter me from setting up an account.   (I can modify this myself if most people prefer it with the double entry but it is just my two cents.)

By the way, I am planning to use Option 3 and require everyone to enter a password, just keep from having to deal with this issue.  I have so many customers that are creating multiple accounts it is ridiculous.  Thanks for the work you have done to this issue.

Edited by cpgmar - 15-March-2010 at 6:07pm
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2010 at 2:59pm
any chance this might be released before June as a standalone update?
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2010 at 3:02pm
We are going to make some interface changes and should be able to provide you with some "BETA" files within a couple of weeks.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2010 at 3:19pm
If anyone's interested, we're reduced the price on our Guest Checkout Eliminator to $24.95:

http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/thirdparty/guestcheckouteliminator
benpate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benpate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2010 at 4:26pm
I agree that the password is in a weird spot. Where it was before is better it should just be mandatory similar to Sean's guest checkout eliminator.

Some more rambling...

I personally liked the old form of checkout at least in the initial login stage. It was more like Amazon in that the first step for everyone was to enter your email address. Then if you are a returning customer enter your password, if not then continue and you will be asked to create password later.

Right now as it stands the onepagecheckout seems to be most useful when you are processing cards offline. If you are using Authorize.net then you actually get redirected to a different page.

It would be nice if there was an option to start the one page checkout with all items expanded.

Has anyone reviewed their drop off rates or conversion rate since moving to v4 and onepagecheckout? I am curious if anyone has looked at this and how it compares to the previous checkout process.
ProductCart SEO - Resellers and Affiliates welcome
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2010 at 3:12pm
I am finding that many of our existing customers (some of whom only order once or twice a year) are setting up new guest accounts with each order.  They may forget their password or have called in an order, which had us create a password for them in the past.  Then when they try to have their password sent to them, it takes so long that they just continue as a guest.  I found one customer that had 3 accounts! 

I guess the guest checkout is better than having them get frustrated and leave because they could not get in with their forgotten password but it would be nice if the password reminder email was quicker.

The whole concept in having customers create accounts is to make checkout faster and we slow them down at every turn it seems.
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2010 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by cpgmar cpgmar wrote:

Then when they try to have their password sent to them, it takes so long that they just continue as a guest.

The e-mail reminder is sent instantly. If there is a delay, there must be an issue with the way e-mails are sent. For example, try using completely different, remote SMTP service (e.g. http://www.authsmtp.com/).

As for the fact that a customer ends up with multiple accounts: that is by design. The alternative is to stop the customer and say "hey, we recognize you, we already have your e-mail on file with us, go retrieve your password"... which is what some customers do not like to be told, and that's why many merchants wanted guest checkout as part of ProductCart v4.

If the customer ever decides to convert to a registered customer, ProductCart will then automatically notify him/her that there are other accounts in the system with the same e-mail, and that they can be merged into the new, registered account (so all orders appear under the same account).
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2010 at 9:39am
OK...IVE REGISTERED...PLACED AN ORDER..MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT RECOGNIZED AND MY PURCHASE CODE26595 IS INVALID...HAVE I BEEN RIPPED OFF HERE? IS THIS WEB SITE A SCAM? I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT RIGHT NOW...

This is an email received by my customer that had created 2 guest accounts, one with his order and another with no orders using the same email address for both.   I know that creates some kind of conflict in the system.  I don’t know why he created another account, and he never did the consolidation.  Somewhere there is a breakdown that customers are missing how to log back in after ordering as a guest.  He tried to use his order number instead of his long Guest checkout code which didn't work.

How far along are we on turning off the guest checkout?
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2010 at 9:53am
I purchased Sean's Guest Checkout Eliminator this morning because I wanted to launch our site this week without the Guest Checkout ....

Installation took less than 5 minutes and it barely touches the standard code so was well worth the 25 dollars.

I know EI are working on an option for this but if you want a quick fix that can be removed easily when EI come up with the files then its a good bet.

Matt
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2010 at 12:18pm
I just realized that when a customer has a registered account, a guest account, and another guest account, all with the same email account,  they get an error when checking out.  I haven't been able to install the new changes yet because of mods to my version but is there some reason they are getting this error?
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic