ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading + extras

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnpcomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrading + extras
    Posted: 09-August-2006 at 8:00pm

I currently own a BTO licence for version 2.x, but do not have a working store setup at the moment, I want to do some heavy customisations and wanted to wait until v3 was released.

I want to order the upgrade to v3 + the apparel addon + conflict managemnt addon.

My question is, since I am wanting to create custom computers, I would like to use the BTO to create a custom computer, conflict management to make sure the components are compatible and apparel to give visable options on the case style, can i use all of these features within one SKU or product?

Also will I be able to get a download for just the full v3 files as I do not need to go through the upgrade process, since I do not have a store running at the moment?

Thanks

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2006 at 2:01am

We don't believe the Apparel Add-on would be necessary, since you can just list the different case styles under a "Cases" category, but if you wanted to use it, you can. The Apparel Add-on is indeed compatible with ProductCart Build To Order, and when you assign an "apparel" product (in this case a computer case) to the Build To Order product, customers will be able to define which product variation (case style) they wish to order via a pop-up window that is launched from the product configuration page.

Sure, if decide to purchase the upgrade, simply enter a comment in your order indicating that you would like to start from scratch, and we will be happy to send you the full build.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
pnpcomp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnpcomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2006 at 6:03am

What I'm really looking for it to do, rather than having a popup window, I would like it to work like a color swatch.

So if I had two identical cases except the color, i.e black or beige, then they could see the difference just by clicking the swatch, this in turn would effect the peripherals like the DVD drive colour, keyboard & mouse, by using the conflict management  addon.

Would this work?

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2006 at 1:59pm
Yes, then you would need Build To Order and the Apparel Add-on, and it would provide that functionality.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic