ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Static HTM Indexing Concerns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bferriolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Static HTM Indexing Concerns
    Posted: 29-June-2010 at 6:32pm

Is anyone or has anyone had any issues with the indexabiliy of any of the htm static pages for SEO? 

I have have well over 2100 products in my store, I have been using the seo plug in for 1 year now.  Im not as concerned with the products getting indexed, per the recent changes google has made to their alog's in May.  What I'm noticing is my tier 2 or "sub" categories are not getting indexed.  Here are the specifics

-All Categories have original metas and approximately 250-300 words of content
-my main navigation page is on off of my homepage, as well as in my main nav, as well as in my left hand navigation.
-Once clicked you are viewing my tier 1 categories
-once a tier one gategory is clicked you would see teh "sub categories" of that particular category

my issue is these sub categories do not get indexed and have not for some time , does anyone have any suggestions.

Recap

home page >> main page off navigation >> categories >> sub categories >>products

at most the are 3 clicks from the home page

Thanks Billy

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2010 at 6:50pm
There should be any issues. Can you post some links so that we can take a look?
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
bferriolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bferriolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2010 at 6:52pm
sure this will get you anywhere you want to go http://www.cigarsupply.com/cigars/pc/Cigars-c52.htm
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2010 at 7:03pm
Sub-categories appear to have been correctly indexed. For example, here is one that we picked at random.

Edited by earlyimp - 29-June-2010 at 7:04pm
The ProductCart Team

bferriolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bferriolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2010 at 7:20pm
thanks for the quick reply - that particular url is a category or tier 1 - more so speaking of the sub categories within a category like this category
the sub categories

don't seem to be getting indexed.  also site:www.domain-com returns About 119 results (0.05 seconds) 

and has for some time now

again my main focus is just trying to get the categories indexed, the products are not of a major concern yet

Thanks

Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2010 at 7:29pm
No, that's a Level 2 category. It's a subcategory of http://www.cigarsupply.com/cigars/pc/Cigars-c52.htm

Have you submitted an XML sitemap to Google?

The ProductCart Team

bferriolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bferriolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2010 at 7:39pm
Yes - http://www.cigarsupply.com/cigars/SiteMap.xml
as well as a html store map off the footer of the comepage
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2010 at 7:51pm
See if the Google Webmaster Tools provide any information on why some of the URLs in the sitemap have not been indexed.

Please note - however - that Google makes it very clear that including URLs in a sitemap is not a guarantee that they will be indexed. On this, please see: http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/productcart/marketing-generate_sitemaps#what_happens_next

All in all, if the only link to a certain sub-category is the one from the parent, and the page is a "deep" sub-category (level 3 and deeper), Google might decide that it is not relevant enough for indexing.

So the thing to focus on would be to add more, relevant links to those "deep" categories.

For example, write blog articles or twitter posts that link to specific level-3 categories.

We hope this helps!
The ProductCart Team

bferriolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bferriolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2010 at 7:53pm
thanks a ton _ i will look in webmaster tools - thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic