ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applying One Rule to Multiple BTO Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexL-icc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applying One Rule to Multiple BTO Products
    Posted: 05-November-2010 at 3:40pm
Hi all,

My question today is: can I take one rule that I have written in BTO Product A and apply that one rule to BTO Products B, C, D, E...etc?

So far, I know of two ways to copy rules from one BTO Product to another:
  1. At the top of the Configuration screen, clicking "Apply BTO Configuration to another BTO Products". The problem with this is that, as far as I can tell, it applies the entire configuration and rules to another BTO Product - you can't just select one rule to apply to multiple BTO Products.
  2. At the bottom of the Conflict Management screen, clicking "Copy rules from another BTO Product". The problem here is that, while you can select individual rules to copy, it does not allow you to copy TO another BTO Product, just copy FROM. In other words, to do global adding/subtracting of one or several chosen rules to multiple BTO Products, you still have to go into each individual BTO Product to make the change.

There is nothing I can find in the "Update Multiple BTO Products" menu in the Control Panel that would allow the functionality that I am talking about. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance - you guys give great advice on this forum!

Edited by alexL-icc - 05-November-2010 at 3:55pm
Alex L.
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2010 at 5:55am
Hi Alex,

I have a few of my clients running BTO and this question has come up several times.

Can I clarify something please- do you want to copy the configuration or the conflict manager rules that apply to that configuration or both?

Nigel
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
alexL-icc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexL-icc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2010 at 1:18pm
Thanks for the reply, Nigel. I am looking to copy just the conflict manager rule(s).

We run a computer store. Let's say a new motherboard comes out that needs to be put into 25 of our BTO Products as a BTO Item. Adding this BTO Item across multiple BTO Products is easy - this is done through Update Multiple BTO Products -> Assign/Remove Products and Items.

Now what if this motherboard requires a long rule (i.e. "If this motherboard is selected, then the following 10 products can not be selected") to be attached to it. Do we have to go into each BTO Product and add that lengthy rule manually? That would be a pain in the neck. Is there a way to add the rule for this one motherboard across many BTO Products? This is essentially my question.

Edited by alexL-icc - 18-November-2010 at 2:20pm
Alex L.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic