ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Customized BTO Price not Changing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steverguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customized BTO Price not Changing
    Posted: 10-March-2011 at 3:09pm
On a BTO item in our store, we have the base price showing, followed by the customized price.  These two prices appear at the top and the bottom of the configuration section.

We noticed the other day, when configuring an item, if the value is different than 0, the top customized price doesn't change when the new config item is selected.  The customized price at the bottom changes, just not the top one.

So, for example, if I have a computer for $500 that comes with a 120 GB hard drive, if I change that hard drive to a 500GB Hard Drive for an extra $75, the customized price should change to $575, which again, it does at the bottom of the config section.

If I add the item to the cart, and return to the item to reconfigure it, all the prices show correctly.

Is this by design?  Has anyone else experienced it?

I don't think this is happening due to customization, but... who knows...

Anyway, thanks for your input!
"Remember, 72.5% of all statistics are made up."
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2011 at 6:17am
Hi SteverGuy,
     Do I take it that you have customized the BTO page then?

I would consider switching to a floating panel for the configuration prices. The "how" is documented on this WIKI page :
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/bto/btotricks-floating-prices

And a demo of it can be seen here :-
http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/build_to_order/productcart/pc/configurePrd.asp?idProduct=412
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic