FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What happened to generate XML file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened to generate XML file
    Posted: 17-April-2016 at 2:46pm
Hi Josh,

If it worked and suddenly stopped, then it is unlikely a buffer issue that would be resolved by response.flush.  i.e. unless you also added a ton of new products

It is possible the web host decided to change the limit on their end, but you can just ask.  If they did change it, then they'll likely fix it for you.

I recommend opening a ticket to get a diagnosis.  Once we receive all your info via the secure tickets system we'll be able to pinpoint the problem.

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2016 at 2:31pm
Well, this was genStoreMapA.asp as opposed to what you are working on.  If you would like the code, please contact me directly and we'll work out a price.  It took 5 hours for my developer to sort out and I'm not offering to give it away for free.  I'm sure you understand.
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2016 at 2:07pm
Hi Greg, 
Could you post the code and the file to be adjusted ?
I'll give it a whirl and post if that did the job !
Thanks.
ahuvainc@gmail.com
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2016 at 1:47pm
perhaps you ran into a timeout, or the maximum size of the server request buffer is being exceeded?

We encountered a similar issue with a site with a large number of products, and the store map would not generate.  We revised the code to endure the volume of data.  Essentially, after every X products, we added "response.flush" as the content is being output.

This was successful for a file that was approx 4mb.
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2016 at 1:05pm
Recently, I noticed my sitemap.xml generates a blank page. Any reason, experience, fix for this ?
I'm using V5.1.0.0a and I believe it was working a month ago . Now it's just empty output when generated. 

Any pointers or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. 
ahuvainc@gmail.com
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2011 at 11:50pm
Okay, to generate a Sitemap, go to:

Settings > Images & Navigation > Generate Sitemaps
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
austcold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austcold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2011 at 8:28pm
I was using version V3.51 and I am pretty sure use use to go,

Marketing > Generate XML File or Sitemap.

And in Google Webmaster Tools you point to that xml file under "Sitemaps"

It would save it to location "productcart/SiteMap.xml

Perhaps this is automated in V4.1 now as it is showing that it was downloaded on March 7th 2011, and I did not do that.
www.austcoldindustries.com.au

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2011 at 10:27am
Are you referring to the feature:

Marketing > Generate File For > Google Base

... or are you referring to the feature:

Reports > XML Tools Manager > Export
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
austcold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austcold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2011 at 7:37am
I am using V4.1

I use to use the generate XML file feature prior to upgrading, but its not there anymore.

Is it because search engines don't use them anymore?

I have very good Search engine optimization with Google and want to maintain it.
www.austcoldindustries.com.au

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic