ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One item in a BTO product shipped separately

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One item in a BTO product shipped separately
    Posted: 22-March-2011 at 3:49pm
We have a bunch of BTO products, and all of them have one option that is shipped separately from the rest of the product. The product is BTO from the company and then drop shipped. We sell an add-on product that goes with it (a lift chair side table to go with our lift chairs).

I'd like the side table to show up separately from the main BTO product in the order, so we can ship them on their own.

The easiest solution would be to create a separate product for the side table and have the customer add two products to their cart, the chair itself (with all of its options), and the side table as a different product.

However, I want the side table to show up during the BTO configuration as an option on the chair so people are more likely to order them. I realize cross-selling might accomplish this but I don't feel like it's as polished as the BTO options.

How can I get this side table to show up as a bto option for our lift chairs while having it ship separately from the chair?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic