ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remove Store Name from Content Page Title?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CakeGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remove Store Name from Content Page Title?
    Posted: 11-April-2011 at 9:35pm
I have a relatively new ProductCart site and have recreated all my informational/content pages within Productcart.

Productcart insists on adding my Store Name in the title of the content pages, and now pages that ranked 2 or 3 for search terms are now 75+.

I believe the Store Name is diluting my keyword relevance.

I tried totally removing the Store Name, but then order e-mails to customers do not identify who they're coming from.

How can I remove the store name from the title? I cannot find an option for turning it off.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2011 at 11:12pm
Please review the following section of the WIKI for instructions on editing the default meta tags:

http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/productcart/seo-meta-tags#editing_the_default_meta_tags
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2011 at 11:26pm
She may need to edit the include-metatags.asp file in order to override the default behavior with regard to generating the title tag.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2011 at 2:59am
Hi,
  I suspect this will be just one of the issues.
Make sureyou haveenabled SEO friendly urls.
Investigate adding 301 redirects for the pages you have moved, so that your page rank is naintained, to keep the full value of existing links to your store.
CakeGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CakeGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2011 at 11:43am
This file only shows the default title I have already entered for any non-product pages. It does not show the addition of "Store Name" that is added after this title. The store name is taken from this location and put on the home page and all content pages.

Settings Menu
Company Details Sub-Menu
Then Company Details Tab
Store Name

I only want the title of the content pages to show, not the store name.

Thanks for your help.
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2011 at 10:10pm
So how do we get rid of the extra store name after all the titles?  I don't see this answered...
Curt
AmericanInnotek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmericanInnotek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2013 at 5:55pm
I encountered the same thing but I think I figured it out.

- Go to your Store Settings.
- Go to Company Details tab.
- Remove your company name so that the field is blank.
- Save Settings.

Watch your name disappear from the title. Smile

Just remember to add your name in the individual product pages and create a standard title in the "include-metatags.asp" file.

I hope that helps.
AmericanInnotek
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2013 at 6:07pm
Curt - scCompanyName appears in include-metatags.asp which I mentioned early in the post.

You just have to look through that file, find instances of scCompanyName and make decisions about what code to cripple or not.  There are enough instances of that constant in the file that I'm not going to try to direct you to every line to alter, but all you have to do is look at the code and see where stuff is being concatenated into a string for the title.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic