ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Controling stock qty on option

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2013 at 11:39am
I am confused.  I started this thread and it appears that you have answered someone Else's concern. I guess you call this hijacking my thread.

I looked at the link to the store but that is not at all what I need.

Here is a link to my xcart store..
http://drumwerx.com

On the left I have a configurator set up under the link custom drum set builder.
I had to make all of the combinations under the link.
I would like the customer to create the set he wants and not have to make up new combinations.
So if they want a 10 pc set they pick the 10 pc configurator and then pick whatever shells they want.
But now based on what they picked I force them to only get certain parts. On some shell sizes there are 2 options on lugs so they must pick between the 2(say 12 lugs on a 16" shell or 16 lugs) but then every other part is affected by there choice. (tension rods have to be 12 if they picked 12) and (hoops need to have 12 holes in them if they picked 12)
I am making all of the combinations up before they come to the store and it is crazy how many options there are. Every drummer has there own idea on what they want, sizes and how many of each they want the shells in.

For instance. You can have a set with 1 or 2 bass drums. They can be the same size or different sizes. They can have 1 or 2 or 3 6" shells in different depths. They can have a snare or not have a snare becasue they have one they like. The sizes range from 6,8,10,12,13,14,15,16,18 on rack toms and 16,18,20,22,24,26 on bass shells.

As you can see there could be any number of combinations available to the customer. So if I have to come up with all of them I am sure I will miss a lot and I have. I would like them to be able to do whatever they want.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2013 at 12:47pm
Hello Joeb - I'm terribly sorry if you feel that way.  Not at all the intent.  It's just that Nathan illustrated a very easily answered question so I did so.

BTW, before I continue, I clicked on one of your "set builder" links and this threw a 500 error:
http://drumwerx.com/home.php?cat=262

I'm trying to absorb the rest of your message and will try to respond further once I have my thoughts together in that regard.

Joeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2013 at 1:04pm
Godaddy is having a major problem and has not been able to solve it yet.  The database has not been connecting at all and then come back. I am considering moving to a new host but still not sure who yet.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2013 at 1:13pm
Hey Joeb - as I mentioned above, Nathan's request was something very similar to what we have performed for that sign supply, and therefore something I can easily wrap my head around in terms of how to fulfill his request.

OTOH, what you need to do appears to be far more complicated.  I do not have an immediate idea as to how to address your requirement.

Have you made any attempts to use EI's demo BTO store to form an initial product configuration?  Perhaps if you took that first step, I or someone else on the forum would have some ideas about how to assist you.
Nathan-Conbrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan-Conbrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2013 at 4:28pm
It sounds like your problem is similar to mine Joeb - only a bit more complicated. Also sounds like it might make use of the conflict management add-on?

I have not used conflict management much at all, there is a demo here.
I'm personally not sold on it after the demo, I pictured it working differently...

Forgive me if my ideas are useless - new to this software. A full on configurator would be a big undertaking
Would adding a custom field to your items help, even a little bit? such as the number of lugs the part works with.

Drum Shell 1
#OfLugs: 12

Then if there was a way to perform a check on the item (can conflict management do this?), check the number of lugs. Then just have a config page for the number of drums they want?

If the currently chosen shell #OfLugs is n, then only display item options that also have #OfLugs: n

That should at least be a good start?
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2013 at 6:47pm
It's definitely possible if you know your way around the code. However, nless you have someone who does, or is able to learn, you're gonna be better off paying someone like Greg and saving your time which would be better spent on other things. You'll end up spending more in time trying to learn it than you would just paying someone who already knows what to do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic