ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How does inventory work with BTO items?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How does inventory work with BTO items?
    Posted: 29-May-2011 at 10:39pm
For exampe:

Add a BTO product "T-Shirt" with 5 options (Colors).
You have 5 T-Shirts, each with a different color.
So, set the inventory for the BTO product to 5.
Then, create 5 BTO items, one to represent each t-shirt color.
Set the stock of each of the 5 colors to 1.

That way, there are 5 total shirts in stock, with one of each color being in stock.

The problem I'm having is that the BTO items who's stock is set to zero (who are out of stock) are still displaying as a BTO option, and nothing is being shown to the customer to reflect that this particular BTO item is out of stock.

I tested this by changing the BTO Item's stock to 0 manually. Is there some other process which takes place when an item is actually bought that marks it as being out of stock?

I had assumed that, once the stock of that particular BTO item dropped to 0, it would no longer show up as an option for the BTO product (or for any BTO product it is assigned to, for that matter).
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2011 at 10:49pm
I noticed the Computer demo store does what I expected it to do. However, is this a feature of the conflict management plugin?
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2011 at 10:54pm
Turns out i needed to change this setting under BTO Settings:

Should your store's general inventory settings apply to BTO Products?
Yes - Use the Store Settings area of the Control Panel to edit general inventory settings for the store.
No - BTO products are always available for sale, regardless of general inventory settings.

Had to change that to yes. I didn't realize it applied to BTO items as well, but it makes sense now.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 3:52am
Hi Brett, if you are actually selling t-shirts then the Apparel add-on would be the way to go :-)
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 3:56am
T-Shirts is just an example everyone can relate to ;) thanks for the tip though
hhsign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 10:53am
1 BTO inventory problem still exists that I think EI should fix is if a customer orders 6 BTO items or standard products in a BTO product but you only have 5 in stock, it will let the customer complete the order before it hides the BTO item.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic