ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Updating Quickbooks Edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsornature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updating Quickbooks Edition
    Posted: 20-June-2011 at 2:08pm
I have been using ProductCart with the Quickbooks synchronizer for several months with flawless service. I have been using the 2007 edition of Quickbooks, up till this week, when I installed the 2011 edition. All company information and product data has been transferred into the new edition and Quickbooks works perfectly on my computer. When I run the synchronizer, however, it is no longer connecting ProductCart with my Quickbooks account. Any suggestions on how I update the information with ProductCart so I can continue transferring orders?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2011 at 2:20pm
It sounds like you may have created a new company file during the upgrade.  If the company file is updated everything would have the same "id" and it should be seamless.  However, if you created a new company file (or the upgrade wizard did) the "id" of each item may change.  In such a case you would need re-import the company file and "re-map" the products to the new items.  Also note the current version of the Add-On is 1.07.  If you are using an older version I recommend you update before you re-import your company file.
windsornature View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windsornature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2011 at 2:46pm
Thanks for the quick reply Matt. I will look into this and see what I can find out. If I have to re-import and re-map information, do I follow the exact steps I followed when I originally linked the two? Do I need to do anything to uninstall my previous work? Also, how do I verify my Add-on version and update it? Thanks.   
mimpoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimpoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2011 at 10:53am
Hi - did you have any luck with this?  My client updated their quickbooks version from 2010 to 2011 and now it is not working.
They did not use a new company file, they just updated Quickbooks and opened the old file in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic