ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XML Partner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l.Breen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XML Partner
    Posted: 28-November-2011 at 10:21am
I am unfamiliar with what an XML partner is and where I use the XML exports (though I see to use the export feature I need a "partner").
I have seen mention of this in a couple of places, but I don't understand it well enough to know if or how I should be using it to improve our websites search presence.
If anyone has experience or can send a link to me that would be great.
Thanks,
Luke

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2011 at 10:39am
the XML Partner is defined for the explicit purpose of creating autentication credentials so that when you want another party to oaccess your data via the XML tools, they do so with that ID.

Example:  I had a client who wanted to use a fullfillment center to ship their orders.  A program was built at their end to read order data via the XML Tools.  They built into that the ability to pass the XML parter info that we gave them, and in doing so, we are certain that they (and only they) are reading our order data.

I am unaware of any case where creating a XML partner would be influential on search engine prpesence.
l.Breen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l.Breen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2011 at 11:20am
Hi Greg,
Thanks You Much
I was thinking it was something that could be used as a google upload (similar to google base).
Glad to hear that it's basically of no need for me at this time.
Luke
calhouncycle.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic