ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quickbooks Pricing Synchronization

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quickbooks Pricing Synchronization
    Posted: 04-January-2012 at 10:10am
We have installed the Quickbooks Synchronization add on with Quickbooks Pro 2011 and we have just updated to PC v4.5.  Everything appears to be working correctly. 

We have about 9000 items on our website and when I imported them into Quickbooks the first time they copied over the pricing.  However, I have recently completed a major price update on about 8000 of those items and the new prices do not import into Quickbooks.  I tried reimporting all of the items but if the import finds the item already in Quickbooks it does not import it.  I can't just delete all of the items in Quickbooks and reimport because Quckbooks has an issue with deleting an item that has been sold. 

Has anyone had this same problem and if so what was your solution?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2012 at 12:14am
The add-on does not synchronize pricing.  It exports order data.  So the current price of the item is not needed to generate the invoice, sales receipt, or sale order.  It does synchronize inventory if you enable it.
JackC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2012 at 12:07pm
We would like to be able to sync our pricing the other way; from QB to the store. We are constantly updating prices and items in QB. Is this possible?

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales, LLC
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2012 at 6:09pm
Hi Jack,
    Not via the QuickBooks synchronizer. However, other options are available.
Possibly the ebridge connections integration, I don'y know much about it yet : http://www.earlyimpact.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5124&title=new-erp-crm-integration-from-ebridge-connections 

Or, if you have appropriate skills available the XML API : http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/productcart/export-xml-tools

Or, technically the simplest, but requiring manual actions each time, Export the SKU and price from Quickbooks as a CSV and the use the Products Import wizard (see http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/productcart/products_import) Please note, the SKU's would need to be unique and the import wizard does not (yet) support pricing categories where they have specific pricing. There is also a 3,000 product limit, but this can e modified, (see the wiki page).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic