ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

remove price on apparel products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innov1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: remove price on apparel products
    Posted: 24-April-2012 at 12:11am
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to remove the "zero" price on apparel products that have options? That is the price at the top of the description. When there are product options it shows zero until options are chosen so customers think, at first glance, that the product is unavailable or out of stock etc.

Thanks

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2012 at 1:04am

please provide a link

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2012 at 3:35pm
We worked around this one by customizing the option groups to default select the first option in each group. This way if the parent product/base price is $0.00 and pricing therefore completely depends upon subproduct selection, a default price will show.
innov1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innov1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2012 at 4:14pm
Thanks so much for the reply. I am wondering if you could explain in a little more detail how to do this?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2012 at 6:03pm
It's rather too complicated to provide instruction on how to do this, but it's a customization we could do for you if you like.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2012 at 4:19am
Hi @innov1,

Are you still looking for a solution here?

The solution I suggested is easy to install, even if too complicated to explain. We can definitely hook you up.

Last I recall on this, though, EI had a good deal of code in place that could be used to make this a standard option. Off the top of my head, I believe it was only relevant to BTO products though, where the first option can be set as the default. 

Maybe Hamish can weigh in here.
innov1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innov1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2012 at 11:16am

Thanks for your interest and taking the time to respond. It is simply a matter of budget for me. I would love love love to have the budget to say here is my list of customizations - go for it! Smile

For now I have gone in and put a verbal message into each product that the product is in stock and the price will change from zero when options are chosen.....which is not the best solution but hopefully it does the trick in the short term.

This issue has been around for a while and I think it might be beneficial to solve for many users as a fundamental function of using the apparel add on.

If Hamish has a solution that would be appreciated. If not, I will be in touch when it is feasible. Thanks again.

Edited by innov1 - 31-May-2012 at 11:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic