ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting rid of drop down in Apparel Product

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdunham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2012 at 9:51am
One other question, how do I get the apparel products to have the "More Info" button instead of "Add to Cart"?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2012 at 12:40pm
Hmm. Something's amiss. Apparel products should never show the add to cart button on any page but the product page as by definition option selection is required. Only the more details button should display on home, category, search & other pages where products are displayed.

For example, this page is functioning correctly:

Your category and search results pages appear to have been customized incorrectly.
jdunham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdunham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2012 at 1:32pm
Would it be because most of are products are shown in "list" view and not grid as the link above is?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2012 at 4:31pm
GreggS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreggS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2012 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Sean@WMS Sean@WMS wrote:

One thing you could do that's a built-in step in the result I believe you are looking for is to set the sub-product for the option group that has only the one option as the default option. I think this was introduced in version 4.5a -- next to the Active check box, there's a "Default" radio button. Checking that will set that sub-product as the selected default when the page loads. 

I just set the example product Hamish mentions above to default to the first sub-product option this way so you can get a visual on this.

I had a question about this in a previous post.  The version of ProductCart we have is v4.5bcmMs.  Our option screen looks exactly like the one in the link below.  I don't see an option to make one of the options the default option.

http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/_detail/productcart/pc35_screen_product_options.gif?id=productcart%3Aproducts_options

There was also a mention of switching from drop downs to radio buttons.  Where would I go to change that?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2012 at 4:07pm
<<<switching from drop downs to radio buttons>>>
product admin, apparel settings.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by GreggS GreggS wrote:

I had a question about this in a previous post.  The version of ProductCart we have is v4.5bcmMs.  Our option screen looks exactly like the one in the link below.  I don't see an option to make one of the options the default option.

http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/_detail/productcart/pc35_screen_product_options.gif?id=productcart%3Aproducts_options

There was also a mention of switching from drop downs to radio buttons.  Where would I go to change that?

Hi Gregg,

The features I was mentioning there are part of the Apparel Add-on. Doesn't look like you're running that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic