ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Import Subproduct

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Import Subproduct
    Posted: 14-September-2012 at 12:16pm
Hi there, I would like to import the subproduct on apparel. On the template that I found there was no field to enter the SKU. We can't let product cart populate our SKU, because each color has a completely different SKU in our company. Any help to upload those product will be greatly appreciated.

Here is an example of a challenge that I have. By using apparel, I want to upload a pant that come in 7 fabric and 9 sizes. So its 63 models. Each fabric has a completely different SKU, so we have to change manually each sku and upload the picture for each of them.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2012 at 3:27pm
Hi Mike,

On the "IMPORT APPAREL SUB-PRODUCT DATA WIZARD - Map fields" you do have the option to populate the sub-product SKU by mapping a column named "SKU" to the SKU field in the products table of the database ... or am I not understanding your question?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2012 at 3:42pm
Incidentally, if you are interested, we're working on an enhancement to our Batch Image Processor which would save you a ton of time here. The linchpin to the processor is that you FTP hundreds or thousands of original images, one for each product as well as alternate/"Additional Product Views" images -- all named with a convention {SKU}.jpg (or, for alts: {SKU}-alt{N}.jpg), and it processes the thumb, general & detail images and matches them up in the database.

The enhancement for Apparel products is to allow you to upload one image for each set of "color"/option -- in your case one "fabric" image representing all of the sizes that fabric comes in -- and it will reiterate that image for each of the options in that "color" (based on the option group option that "color" belongs to and finding a match for other sub-products of the parent that use that same "color" option).

If you're interested, contact us to light a fire under our priority on getting this done.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic