ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Mobile Commerce Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mobile Checkout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mobile Checkout
    Posted: 21-January-2013 at 8:36am
I recently added the mobile addon to our store which is currently running v4.1sp1 and it works fine with PayPal express checkout. The problem I've run into is that we offer free classes occasionally on different cameras in our brick and mortor store and if someone tries to sign up using mobile they can't checkout because PayPal sees it as an invalid amount. Is there a way to bypass PayPal when the order total is 0?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2013 at 4:43pm
Hi @sbryan,

Just had a look at this, and it would take some serious doing.

Best workaround I can think of in the meanwhile is a quick bit of code that if the cart total is 0, then redirect them to the One Page Checkout on the main site.
sbryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2013 at 2:44pm
I initally tried copying all of the opc files into the mobile folder and making link changes there but it didn't work like I expected and got hung up on getting the tax during checkout.

I ended up redirecting to a copy of OnePageCheckout and changed some of the links and image locations to the mobile store folder. It was a bit of a pain but will work for what we need. It still has a few minor issues such as redirecting to the OrderComplete page for the main store but hopefully I can figure out where it's redirecting from.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2013 at 2:50pm
Hi, I THINK we may have a fix or work around for this in the latest files available. Please raise a support ticket.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2013 at 2:57am
Hi Hamish,

If EI does have a solution, would you mind posting something to that effect on this thread? Frankly, even if not would be be helpful to know too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic