ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping Discount by Postal Code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping Discount by Postal Code
    Posted: 15-February-2013 at 1:20pm
We offer free shipping over a certain dollar amount (with numerous conditions) as it is just too expensive to ship to all locations for free given the size and weight of many of our products and the many areas we ship to. Is there any way to offer free shipping to select postal codes or partial postal codes but have a discount applied to the returned shipping rate on other postal codes ? (Canadian Postal codes)
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2013 at 1:38pm
We built this mainly to deal with situations where the shipped products are perishable:

The concept of the mod is that ground delivery is the same as overnight if the destination is nearby, but not if it is multiple states away. So we allow the merchant to turn shipping methods on/off as needed.

However, it could potentially be the basis of a custom mod to support your requirements.
LarryG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2013 at 2:46pm
I was thinking of being able to apply a set discount according to a rate zone indicated by the customers postal code. This would only apply to UPS Ground and or Canada Post expedited rates. For example there are 13 rate zones for UPS standard shipping in Canada. Postal codes J8X-J9A, K1A-K4B etc. belong to rate Zone 200. If a customer entered their address to get a shipping estimate UPS would return the various levels of shipping but the standard shipping would be further discounted by whatever % was assigned to that specific rate zone. That way we would always have control over the shipping rate yet still be able to offer a discount on shipping. i don't have any idea what something like this would cost, I'm just trying to figure out a way to use the real time shipping rates and still not get hammered on shipping costs when we offer discounted shipping. Maybe I should be looking at another kind of discount or a way to use a discount coupon for this. Your thoughts ?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2013 at 3:42pm
Not sure what to offer you Larry.  PC does not have a feature such as you describe, and what I listed above is the closest I have come to regional shipping rate adjustments.  Should you wish to discuss building your solution on a custom basis, that's what we do, and you are welcome to call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic