ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Featured Product Duplicates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rosamatsas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosamatsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Featured Product Duplicates
    Posted: 05-March-2013 at 2:37pm
Hamish - thanks for that - its external code, i'll have to contact the company to see if there is a scale-abily they can implement. I tested it on my ipad mini - and it didn't cover and the X to close was visible, i assumed smaller screens were ok.

Greg - if i can't figure it out i will def get in touch with you. 

A general update, i was able to get back the original query fully functioning. So Thank you everyone for your help! 

Edited by rosamatsas - 05-March-2013 at 2:38pm
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2013 at 1:36pm
Hi, one bit of feedback on the design. I'm looking at the site on a small notebook and the shop socially section floating over the page completely covers the right hand product and doesn't have a "close" option that I could find. Sorry, but I find it annoying, so I expect others will as well. 
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2013 at 12:34pm
We recently completed a similar task.  In that case, the client wanted any product that qulifies to appear on the "new arrivals" page to be flagged with an identifying graphic.

The CSS work that we completed there would be directly applicable to your project, just a different triggering mechanism.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosamatsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2013 at 12:27pm
Thank you Greg. After i replace the query - i get zero results :-( I'll have to contact EI for a new home file...

Sean (and all interested), i'm trying to better our shopper experience from feedback we received. On our homepage it is hard for some customers to figure out whether a product is a Mens, Womens or Kids item. So we want to add an image that overlays the product that shows the name of the top category the product belongs to, specifically on the Home page featured section as well as on the showfeatured.asp page.

You can see a semi-working version here: 
https://www.shopcentralsports.com/shop/pc/showfeaturedtest.asp
I obviously have the duplication problem, but you can see the first two products listed have a little "flag" at the bottom where is shows "MENS" or "WOMENS".
I actually had this working without a hitch and then something went wrong .. :-(

I hope this explains what I want to accomplish

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2013 at 1:25am
Hi Rosa,

Smacks of an INNER JOIN issue in the query you edited.

Greg sent you the original query with recommendation to request original home.asp file. That's definitely in order.

Once you recover, mind sharing with us what you were looking to accomplish? Let us know, and I'm sure we'll be able to help with advice that won't blow up your results. Search Queries using INNER JOINS are rather notorious for throwing duplicate results just as you got. It's not so simple to just add another element to the query (which is what I suspect you attempted). Let us know what you are trying to do and one of us here will surely pipe in with a recommended query for you to use.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2013 at 12:39am
I sent you a PM with the original query.  If that does not resolve it, please contact EI in the morning for a replacement of the entire home.asp file.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosamatsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2013 at 12:10am
I'm hoping this community can help me out.
I was trying to do something with the featured products that show up on the homepage.
But whatever i did, didn't work and when i revered back to my old SQL query, i must have done something wrong because i get my products duplicating.
Its pulling the same product for every category it was assigned to.

Any ideas?

you can see it here:
https://www.shopcentralsports.com/shop/pc/home.asp
You'll see the same blue sneaker is showing up three times.

i edited home.ap around line 153 for the query.

the strange thing is that even after i found an old backup and copied old code out of it  - it didn't restore it ... :-(

if anyone has an idea - or backup clean code for Home.asp please let me kow - i'm at my wits end.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic