ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Experienced PC Developer Opinion on Strategy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly_scuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Experienced PC Developer Opinion on Strategy
    Posted: 17-March-2013 at 8:00pm
Hello,

My post here is for an experienced PC developer to please offer me his / her 2 cents on my new project and how PC can assist me on the architectural design of the objects I have to be able to display to users.

I have a social media project where people are signed up as PC customers. However, those customers have the ability to search for and display the profiles of various other members using the search feature with many different search criteria filters in play. Those additional filters and data are related to the customers inside a separate set of tables ( outside of PC tables )  where the Customer ID is an FK to the subset tables. 

Because the profiles of these members will be searchable, assigned images related to them (using PC internal code ) , various categories of members (male/ female/city/age/ amny different keywords) so I planned on a customization that when a new customer is inserted into the PC customers tables that we also take that info and create an entry in the Products table for that same person. So now a customer is also a product.

Both the Cust ID and Prod id will be an FK referenced inside a table ( outside of PC ) named Person. Then I can pull all info together on various pages for the users to interact with - send messages, wink ect ect.

The PC system will also be handling the purchase of products that are gifts or acquire points to use certain features of the application.

Thanks for any and all suggestions and refinements to this architecture.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic