ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Control Panel Time Out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NWClips Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Control Panel Time Out
    Posted: 23-March-2015 at 4:06pm
I've noticed that the time out for the control panel seems to be VERY short.  Is there any way to make this longer?  I work on a dedicated PC in a private office at home so I'm definitely not worried about someone jumping on and doing something, but it would be nice to not have to log in every time I make a small change to a page, an image or CSS file...

Thanks,
~ Craig B.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2015 at 4:33pm

if you site is not properly configured by your host, you could be seeing this problem.  Where are you hosted?

I have this:
http://www.greybearddesign.com/productcart/admin-session-saver/

NWClips Craig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NWClips Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2015 at 5:36pm
The development site is hosted with GoDaddy (where the customer's old site is and what he wants to go away from soon).  20 minutes?  I'm not getting two...  Maybe there's a setting with the host or it's also possible I'm having an issue with my cookies.  Thanks for the reply.
~ Craig B.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NWClips Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2015 at 12:04am
FYI - Right after I posted the above, GoDaddy's servers (control panel and ftp) were down for about four hours.  In the meantime, I closed everything and rebooted.  Once the servers were back up, I can now stay logged in for at least 15 minutes so one of those two things fixed the problem.

I hate having issues with new things where you're never sure what is causing it!  *Sigh...*
~ Craig B.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2015 at 2:40pm

GoDaddy is a poor environment for a serious store.  They overload their servers and many of us have expressed over the years that the wise merchant hosts with a developer who is actively engaged in supporting this platform.

I stand ready to assist should you care to reach out to me. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NWClips Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2015 at 5:27pm
Thanks Greg.  The goal is to get a website that can be easily ported to a new host.  GoDaddy is only being used for the initial development because it's what he already has.  I don't know how many suggestions and bug fixes I've submitted to them regarding their Quick Shopping Cart product - probably a couple dozen.

Although I'm fairly new to HTML5, CSS and Javascript (and Bootstrap), I've absorbed several video tutorials (at double speed - lol) which has helped give me a context to work in.  Now the main things that trip me up besides general inexperience are the actual tools provided by ProductCart and that's only because I'm not completely sure what they are doing though I'm starting to get a good idea.  

Actually, my biggest hurdle is getting my customer to understand that creating the content (hundreds of products with thousands of images) is what takes the most time and that anyone advertising to build a website quick won't be doing any of that.
~ Craig B.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic