ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product Reviews - Inherent Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonihah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Reviews - Inherent Problems
    Posted: 28-October-2015 at 11:42am
I am putting this here because I don't know where else to put it.

I consider what I am going to describe an essential part of a modern day shopping cart and not something that cart owners should have to do custom code for. 

Let me explain.

If you visit this page:
https://www.disasterstuff.com/store/pc/ED-Goodloe-s-Aerobic-Stabilized-Oxygen-formerly-Aerobic-07-187p155.htm

There are a decent number of reviews.

Notice that this page has the correctly re-written URL

Now go to the bottom of the page and click on the "Read all product reviews" link.

Problems with this page:

1. The URL is no longer a re-written url
2. The title tag for this page is a duplicate of the actual product page.
3. The meta description is a duplicate of the actual product page.
4. The canonical URL is the same as the product page.
5. When you leave this page by clicking on the "return to product details" link at the bottom of the page, it kicks you our of URL re-write mode.

Why am I bringing this up?

Product review pages are a good source inbound links from the search engines if they are created properly and are unique...not considered duplicate content.  They need to have their own unique page name, title, description, and H1 tag at a minimum.

The H1 tag and the Title Meta Tag should auto generate into something like this:

ED Goodloe's Aerobic Stabilized Oxygen Customer Reviews 

Then there should be a paragraph below the H1 that says something like:

Andrew Davidson says that ED Goodloe's Aerobic Stablized Oxygen is Better than bleach. The bottle treats two barrels, not one, so don't just dump it in there. Make sure you fill barrel all the way so that there is little to no air as well. Learn what others are saying about the product.

Then the other reviews should be listed out like they are right now.

As an added bonus, there should be social media sharing icons next to each review so that a person can share the review of a product with friends.

This would be exploiting the product review features of product cart in a way that makes a difference.

I would love to hear from ProductCart on this and from other cart owners on what else could be done to make this a better feature of the cart.

electricstep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electricstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 2:07pm
I could not agree more with (ammonihah) more.

This is so important for SEO and only makes common sense that ProductCart would fix this.

Does ProductCart respond to these post?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic