ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abandoned Cart Add On

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abandoned Cart Add On
    Posted: 09-December-2015 at 3:44pm

Has anybody tried using the WMS Abandoned Cart Add on for V4.7 in V5.1 ?

It was a great add on Cry

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2015 at 5:56pm
Hi Larry,

In terms of addressing the potential lost revenue associated with Abandoned Carts, we are planning to incorporate this into ProductCart v5.2 (scheduled for release in March or April 2016)... but it will be via a 3rd-party service that specializes in this activity. Most likely, it will be the offering from CartStack.

In the meantime, someone else from the 'community' may have more information on specific alternatives that are already available.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
LarryG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2015 at 6:11pm

Is there any reason you can think of why the WMS add on that worked in V4.7 wouldn't work in V 5.1 ?

I never had any problems with it.

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2015 at 6:41pm
Larry - the code base between v4 and v5 is massively different.  If you have in mind that you would plug Sean's v4 files into v5, the result would be that you site would be immediately broken, so please don't do that.  It will not work.

You probably recognize that Sean has dropped out of contact.  It currently takes a great deal of effort to gain his attention.  Additionally, he was terminated as a ProductCart developer some months ago.  As far as I can determine, it appears that he has no further interest in supporting his mods.

Now it just so happens that we have clients who licensed that mod for v4, or an earlier version of v5.  And in order to bring those stores up to v5.1, we have indeed migrated that mod (and a couple of Sean's other mods) up to 5.1.  We did that for specific clients on an hourly basis, with no plans of further distributing the upgraded code.

But I have no interest in getting into the business of supporting Sean's stuff.  We are busy, with plenty of other projects to deal with.  Nor have we "packaged" the files for that mod - we simply migrated all of the customizations over to the 5.1 store, and the impacted files contains other alterations.  So I cannot simply pull out the files that one would need for a 5.1 install.  Candidly, I have no agreement with Sean to do so, and without his direct written permission, I would not be prepared to "package" upgraded  versions of his code.

So your option at this point is to wait out the feature that Cedric states that will be contained in 5.2, or to check with me next year (we are at least 1-2 months out from accepting such a request) and see if we can offer you a solution.  

Another option is to look at a service from Barilliance.  It is far from inexpensive, but I know of a couple sites that use it, and it can be connected to a ProductCart store in minutes.

Again, DO NOT attempt to install the v4 mod into v5.  You will break your site.  The code had to be partially re-written to support v5.

Hope this helps.  
LarryG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2015 at 3:33pm

Thanks Greg,

I guess I'll wait for the Productcart update,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic