ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

v5 RetailCatMenu & WholesaleCatMenu .inc files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: v5 RetailCatMenu & WholesaleCatMenu .inc files
    Posted: 22-January-2016 at 12:12pm
Regarding the .inc files in PC ver 5x:
  • inc_RetailCatMenu.inc
  • inc_WholesaleCatMenu.inc
Am I correct in assuming that these two files are dynamically updated by ProductCart whenever you make additions/changes/removes from the "Manage Categories" system in the administrator panel?

If so, is there a way I can add into these files the links that were originally across the top menubar in the bootstrap_blue theme without messing up its dymamic update state?

The ones I want to add are:
  • Shop By Brand
  • Specials
  • Best Sellers
  • New Arrivals
I want to have these under the dropdown that the inc_RetailCatMenu.inc and/or inc_WholesaleCatMenu.inc appear in the shopping cart.  I need the space across the top of the PC pages for other, non-eCommerce links.

Additionally, since these links were generated in the header.asp page with the full URL with the current site folder name of "v5store" - which I will need to change to the current store folder name when I make it live, how would I insure that those links will be dynamically updated like the rest of the referenced links?
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
MGatESS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2016 at 1:35pm
Okaaaay.....

Since there's no response to my FIRST post, how about this:

Does anyone know what file(s) creates the inc_RetailCatMenu.inc and inc_WholesaleCatMenu.inc when you select the "Generate Navigation" feature in the PC v5 control panel?

I want to modify them so that when I create/edit/delete categories, then generate the navigation in the control panel, I want the ProductCart system to add at the top of the menu dropdown:
  • Shop...
    • Shop By Category
    • Shop By Brand
    • Specials
    • Best Sellers
    • New Arrivals
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic