ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Purchase by authorisation only

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Purchase by authorisation only
    Posted: 03-October-2016 at 1:53am
I have a customer we are running ProductCart for who have a very unusual request. They want to allow people who have purchased from their physical store to only be able to purchase from their online store, no one else. I suggested using wholesale/customer types, but they want customers to be able to visit the store and purchase straight away, not wait for some in admin to change their account to wholesale. 

The only suggestion I can come up with is a fixed captcha like code, inserted into the checkout page, where they have a bunch of codes in-store to hand out to customers that enter the code at checkout for it to proceed. Any other suggestions or how we can insert the coding at checkout to restrict who can buy?? 
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2016 at 3:56pm
Well, you can look at www.globalcraftsb2b.com to see how we approached this "wholesale only" store.  No pricing appears for site visitors, but once a wholesale customer logs in then they see pricing.

If you can get your merchant to provide to their customers some validation code, then alter customer registration to require that code, and when present then set the customer to wholesale status.
lcameron View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2016 at 7:56am
Hi Greg, Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it wont work as the client wants people to be able to create their own accounts and then be able to shop straight away. They dont have the man-power or technical skills to do it in-store.

One "solution" I thought was to request a password for all items with parent ID of XX when they click the "Add to Cart" button. If the item doesnt fall under parent ID then proceed as normal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic