ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

uploading images help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: uploading images help
    Posted: 13-May-2017 at 10:35am
Hi , I have not uploaded an image in a while so I went todo a new item in store and it seams they took a very user friendly way to a nightmare , it use to be browse and put pic in to this crazy mess , please help...
greybeard2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greybeard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2017 at 10:48am
Could you fill us in a bit please?  Let's start with what store version you are running.  Help me understand what actions you took, what clicks, and what went wrong  .Be as specific as possible.
ksr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2017 at 12:22pm
Hi , ProductCart v3.12 is what we are running , I added a product , I go to product images, I hit browse and it says image in image catalog and I have no idea where that is. I use to be able to hit browse then a can choose an image , the image would just be put in but now it says its in the image catalog , why would this change to a complicated process from a easy and good way to put in pics...
ksr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2017 at 12:29pm
I also go to upload images , I upload but it uploads with no other actions , like I cant see pics , I click on manage uploaded images but doesn't do anything??? Why change such an easy process????
greybeard2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greybeard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2017 at 2:34pm
sorry, I just noticed that you had replied.  Been a bit pre-occupied.

Version 3.12 was released around 9-10 years ago.  That code base was dropped from official support many years back.  There are known security vulnerabilities in it, and you run the risk of being hacked.  You really ought to be seriously considering an upgrade.  

As for your issue, from your description, the first thought I that comes to mind is to wonder if the site was moved by your host and perhaps permissions (or such) have changed. 

Do you want someone to become involved "hands on" to assist you?  There is no "official" support available for that (decade old) version, so to get this resolved, you'll likely need to engage a developer - be that Netsource, myself or one of the other developers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic