ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Order details page loads slow when order is PayPal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Order details page loads slow when order is PayPal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Order details page loads slow when order is PayPal
    Posted: 28-May-2017 at 12:31am
I noticed that the Order Details page loads slow, but only on some orders. It appears to be limited to orders which use the "PayPal Express Checkout" payment methods.

I took a quick look at it and it seems to be connecting to PayPal, maybe to get the order details? Is there any way I can speed this up? It adds a bit of time to the shipping process and I'd like to eliminate the delay if possible.
dccreatives View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dccreatives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2018 at 2:49pm
I have the same issue. It takes 25-30 seconds to load, whereas authorize.net loads almost immediately. How do I resolve this?

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2018 at 5:00pm
The 'lag' is likely due to a communications protocol issue, where PayPal is attempting to use the latest/strongest security protocol (TLS 1.2), but is unable to and then cycles down to the the next one (TLS 1.1), until it's finally able to make a successful connection. To know for sure, you should contact PayPal directly and ask them to review the logging for one of the Orders where there is a noticeable delay.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
dccreatives View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dccreatives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-February-2018 at 11:08am
and what would be the fix for this issue? can we add to webconfig file that for admin it should use TLS1.1?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic