ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database Connection Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abernut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Database Connection Problem
    Posted: 07-December-2017 at 4:43pm
I just copied over our website to a new local server I have on my LAN. 
When I try to access the store by browsing tohttp://webserver/productcart/dashboardx/menu.asp

This was working so I must be missing something somewhere.  The server is a Windows Server 2008 R2 running IIS.

I get the following:

You are receiving this message because the system is not able to connect to the database. Please take the following steps:

(1) If you are using MS Access: reset permissions on the database file. The database file must have Read/Write access.

(2) MS Access and MS SQL: Make sure that the database connection string is correct. To test it, use the ProductCart Setup Wizard, even if you have already setup and activated the shopping cart. Consult the ProductCart User Guide for examples of connection strings that you may use with ProductCart.

(3) If you are using a DSN connection, make sure that the name of the connection is correct, and that it is pointing to the right file. To do so, you will have to check the settings on your Web server. Many Web hosting companies allow you to do this through an administration panel. In other cases, you will have to contact the hosting company.

(4) If you are using a MS SQL database, make sure that you can access the SQL server and that the user that is listed in your database connection strings has ownership rights on the database (it must be a database owner or "DBO"). For more information, please contact your Web hosting company.  

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2017 at 1:23pm
Please open a Support Ticket from the Help Menu under your ProductCart Control Panel so that we have all the information we need to investigate this issue further. In the meantime, the database connection error is simple masking the real error, which you can find in the server logs or by enabling detailed errors:

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic