ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

expanding menu with non store pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: expanding menu with non store pages
    Posted: 10-December-2005 at 11:38am

I have a scenario that I would like to acheive

my home page is an index.html.  I would like to make the expanding menu code a part of my standard left nav for a particular site.  How do I use this code for both the index and the store (.asp) pages.  It works well with the store pages, but I would like all the pages to have the expanding menu nav that ties to the categories.  I don't want to change file extensions for fear of disturbing current seo rankings.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Max

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-December-2005 at 7:03pm
Hi Max
getting a static version of your menu is easy.. keeping it updated is another issue...

to get a static menu off your dynamic site:
1- use any browser...ie, firefoxe etc, and surf to the page on your site you want the menu TO LOOK LIKE.
2- while on that page, select VIEW SOURCE. (ctrl-u in firefox). Copy and past the contents into your (any) html editor... save that file as whatever.html. That static page should now load with a verion of your nav menu.
3- open the file you saved with your html editor and you should be able to tweak things from there...

maybe that helps?

nothing

<script>
function UpDown(tabid)
{
var etab=eval(tabid);
if (etab.style.display=='')
{ etab.style.display='none';
}
else
{ etab.style.display='';
}
}
</script>

your menu items should be listed under here..

Edited by Nothing - 10-December-2005 at 7:03pm
watercrazed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercrazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 3:54am
You can use the asp code in your html page no need to change the name of the page, on the 3 hosts I have been with (all shared hosting) it is easy for them to set your account to have asp, php ect.. interpeted on the server when imbeded in an html page.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic