ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Display Component Product Details on BTO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Display Component Product Details on BTO
    Posted: 25-April-2007 at 6:17pm

We have transferred a clients shop to Product Cart as the BTO version seemed to have everything we needed. But now we're hitting a few issues so any help much appreciated.

Shop sells PC Components and custom build systems (hence BTO) for the custom build systems we want to use the drop down method to display all of the components - BUT this removes the ability to link to product details and when you check the Show Details option for each component category it simply displays a link and that launches a pop-up with details for ALL possible components. Which the way our client wants his system to work is no good as for many components he has several options (too many in my opinion but....!) so the pop-up takes a week to scroll thru. Any ideas how we can get this to display just the details for the item currently selected?

Hope someone can help me - this job is dragging on and on and on......

carstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2007 at 9:21am
This would be useful for my situation, too. I'm all ears!
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2007 at 11:07am
If the options are so long because of variations of an option then you may consider switching to radio buttons instead of drop downs and then use apparel products (need the apparel add-on) to further drill down the option variations.

BTO Example.
Category - Memory
Option 1 - DDR400 1-GIG  ---> Change Options
Option 2 - DDR400 2-GIG  ---> Change Options ---> Apparel Product Options --Brand, Heat Sink, Latency or whatever

This way you can skip listing all of the variations of each sub-product by letting the apparel product add-on do it, and you get the "Details" shown, plus it looks a lot cleaner. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic