ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Choosing options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cacn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Choosing options
    Posted: 26-June-2007 at 7:10am
Hello Everyone/Anyone,

I have wasted enough of my basic computer skills trying to learn something, so thought I may give it a go here.

I am just new to PC and am setting up some new BTO products and want to know how/can I have selectable options of a standard product show up in the BTO configurator?

I have set up the standard product with both options and custom fields and this works on this stand alone product but when I use this in the BTO it looses this feature.

Any help is appreciated.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2007 at 7:17am

You cannot do so, unless you are using the Apparel Add-on and you are assigning an "Apparel Product" to the BTO configuration (e.g. a t-shirt in a Gift Basket, for which you select color and size).

The reason why product options cannot be transferred to a BTO configuration is that the product configurator manages the selection of products (with a price, weight, possible discounts, etc.), not attributes.

You can certainly add the "options" and BTO Only Items and assign those items to a category (e.g. "Colors" becomes a category that contains a BTO Only Item for each color).

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
cacn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cacn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2007 at 7:38am
Thanks for your quick response.
cacn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cacn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2007 at 9:25am
Back again,

I was just reading over the user manual for the Apparel add-on and have a question about standard products that under become an apparel product for a BTO.

It states that to be an apparel product you need to have two options. What if my product only has one option with lots of attributes - how does this work with the BTO?

An example is the same design boat anchor that comes in 10 different sizes and I want to be able to show these sizes and select an option in a BTO configurator.

Thanks again.
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2007 at 10:47am
That User Guide unfortunately has not been updated for version 3 of ProductCart. That limitation no longer exists. An Apparel Product can have anywhere between 1 and 10 option groups assigned to it.
The ProductCart Team

cacn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cacn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 9:57pm

I now have the apparel add on installed which gives me the options on my BTO product. The problem I have is that I need to have a single option choice (just colour -NOT colour and size).

With this single option the system does NOT generate a sub product so does not allow for any choice in the BTO.

Is there any solution that would allow me to have a single product with multiple colour choices in a BTO with out listing each choice as aseperate product?

Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2007 at 11:19am

This does not sound correct. You can definitely create a subproduct with just 1 option. Please submit a support ticket so that we can look into the matter.

The ProductCart Team

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic