ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Different Headers /entrancepage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @nna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Different Headers /entrancepage
    Posted: 09-July-2007 at 7:29am

Hi!

I want to make two different graphical interfaces but use the same database for both of them (same products, same inventory, same customers etc). This can be done by using different header and footer -pages and load different depending what entrancepage the customer uses. I got the tip to set a session variable and use it to determine which files to load.

Has anyone done this, and in that case - how did you do this? Any else suggestions?

Thanks,

Anna / Sweden  

GavinB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-July-2007 at 10:54am
I've not tried it but how about this...

Since every page includes the header.asp and footer.asp you need to be making that the page to decide what to show.
I would maybe change my header.asp to have this logic at the top to include the correct header file...
<%
If session("entrancepage")="type1" then
%>
<!--#include file="header1.asp"-->
<%Else%>
<!--#include file="header2.asp"-->
<% End if%>

header1.asp and header2.asp would be the actual template pages and header.asp would just become a switch for choosing which one to show. You would do the same for footer.asp too.

You will also need some code to set the session("entrancepage") variable initially.

(make sure you back up any files before you go changing them)

Edited by GavinB - 09-July-2007 at 10:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic