ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Analytics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dccreatives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google Analytics
    Posted: 19-August-2010 at 11:37am
We seem to be having gross undereporting of our orders in google analytics. I am not sure what the issue is. We have installed our code correctly, as per product cart tech support, and yet we seem to only have less than half of our orders recorded.  Does anyone out there have any advice?
ITistic View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ITistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2010 at 9:35pm
Hi,

What payment processors are you using on your store? If you're using Google Checkout then most likely this is causing the discrepancy. Any chance we can get a link to the store in question? Also, if you're using the 3.x build of ProductCart you'll need to use the legacy Analytics code. I don't think this is the problem, though, as typically it would not work at all if you were using the wrong code, whereas yours is working sometimes.
Shawn Berg
Owner / Project Manager
(877) iTISTIC / (877) 484-7842
dccreatives View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dccreatives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2010 at 10:25pm
We are using Authorize.net, Google checkout and Paypal. About 85% of our orders come through Authorize.net so I don't think it's a Google Checkout issue. I have seen specifically Google checkout orders post to analytics so I know that it's working in that sense. 

Here's a link to the store: [redacted]. We are running version 4.0a SP4 and we have the most current analytics code as per the product cart wiki article.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by earlyimp - 13-January-2014 at 5:03pm
ITistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ITistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2010 at 9:52am
What percentage of your orders aren't being reported in Analytics?
Shawn Berg
Owner / Project Manager
(877) iTISTIC / (877) 484-7842
dccreatives View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dccreatives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2010 at 11:12am
At least 50%.
razorclicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razorclicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2010 at 12:55pm
I can PM the data showing the discrepancy that dccreatives was referring to. It is across the board underreporting, even the transactions from AdWords. AdWords will show 138 conversions, and GA will show only 66 of them. Same for revenue and other ecommerce data. Visits as compared to clicks being reported in AdWords are off, but not by that much (which may be normal for GA). We need someone to investigate this issue and will compensate for the service.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2010 at 1:13pm
Everyone: just like we told dccreatives in a ticket that they recently opened on this topic, you need to contact Google Analytics on this.

There's nothing we can think of on this side that would cause the discrepancy. The same code runs at the end of every transaction (the code included in "inc-GoogleAnalytics.asp").

Maybe there is a known issue that they are working on on their side. Specifically, if you do a search on this issue, you will see that there are many other users reporting problems.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
razorclicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razorclicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2010 at 1:27pm
ProductCart, we really understand that you aren't familiar with GA. However, we believe that you are the most qualified to solve this issue. Basically, the order information is not being transmitted to GA upon each purchase.
Here is one clue that I spotted - in the Top Content Report on GA, there are two pages that seem to be appearing when the order is completed, PurchaseComplete.asp, and OrderComplete.asp. I believe that order data is only transmitted to GA upon trigger of the page OrderComplete.asp. Please see this image. If we can resolve the order complete page, this problem with probably go away.

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2010 at 1:33pm
Not sure what you mean. We are very, very familiar with Google Analytics. We have been using it since its inception.

Again, this does not appear to be a ProductCart issue. There are widespread reports of Google Analytics under-reporting e-commerce transactions, as indicated in our previous post.

As for your message above, purchaseComplete.html is not a ProductCart page. It does NOT exist in ProductCart.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2010 at 11:12am
Razorclicks.  I just have to say that I was stunned yesterday when you so rudely accused Early Impact of not being familiar with GA. 

Have you examined their wiki that disucsses the integration between PC and GA?  There is significant code within ProductCart that represents that intergration, which has been present within the application for years, and which has experienced several upgrades and enhancemetns over that period of time.  I will assure you that EI is fully familiar with GA.
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/integrations/googleanalytics/googleanalytics

For someone with a grand total of two posts, you may want to be a bit less accusatory in order to win friends (much less potential clients) in a forum where you are a new guest.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic