ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Base error...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorilorilori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google Base error...
    Posted: 31-January-2010 at 8:18pm
I successfully generated a google base file and uploaded it to google base. None of the items processed. I got an error message stating that google won't process items that have IP addresses included.

My questions are, why is Product cart including my IP address in the google base file, and how can I change that?

thanks!
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2010 at 11:56pm

Have a look at /includes/storeconstants.asp

Sometimes one will use an IP number to run the store during the period when they are building it, then transfer DNS to the host.  If you did that, and did not edit the above file, you could have the IP number in there.

lorid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 9:05pm
Hey Greg, thanks for the tip.
I didn't actually build my site, so I have no idea.
How would I edit the page you mentioned to get rid of the IP?

Thanks!
Lori

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 9:12pm

FTP into the site.  Inside the productcart folder (or whatever it is named in your site) is an includes folder.  In there is a file called storeconstants.asp.  Look at the last line of that page. If an IP is there, change it to your domain name and re-generate your navigation as well as your feed.

lorid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 9:14pm
THANKS DUDE! i'll try it, but I'm a real putz when it comes to this stuff!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 9:18pm
That's why Providence made contract programmers who hire themselves out to make these magical things happen.  If you get into trouble let me know.
lorid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 9:20pm
Huh, interesting because I checked, and it is actually set to my store's URL. I think maybe I didn't explain it well enough - the IP address only shows up in the URL's when I am logged into product cart, if that makes sense?
Since I am generating the data feed inside of product cart, that's apparently why the IP is showing up in the URL's.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 9:25pm
Next possibility is how you are referencing your admin.  Are you going to www.yourdomain.com/store/youradmin or are you referencing the admin via an IP address?
lorid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 9:29pm
When I log into PC it looks like this

>removed>

Edited by Hamish - 09-November-2010 at 2:25am
lorid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 9:35pm
OH! ok, so I tried going to it the way you mentioned above, and it does take me to the very first login page (the one with the agreement) but I always have a problem with this page when I've tried to access it in the last couple of months. It just endlessly spins and never loads, I always get a timeout. ( I have this problem with a LOT of pages within PC now, like if I want to update a content page, or something, it just spins and spins and times out)
I have the 2nd login page bookmarked, so I always bypass this agreement page when I am logging in, but the URL's I normally log into to is the one with the IP in it
I hope this makes sense.
So if I can just somehow get past this agreement page and actually log in with the url you mentioned above, maybe I can generate a working data feed!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic